CONTRIBUTOR: Tammy Marshall
The rate of technological change continues to dramatically increase. And with everything happening much bigger, better and faster than ever before, there’s never been a more important time to be proactive when it comes to planning your career.
Investing time in working out your potential and future career paths has always been considered a smart move, however, most people fail to even map out the most basic of plans. Instead, only thinking about their career when they experience some kind of crisis.
But in today’s changing environment, with automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning looming large for many of the traditional jobs and industries that provide employment, we’re now hitting a critical juncture where to be able to future proof yourself and your career against inevitable change, you’ll need to ensure you’re able to evolve and adapt to this new paradigm.
And so, while technology will continue to cause disruption to business and industry, the time has come for you to disrupt yourself! – your skills, your career path and the way you operate.
WHY IT’S TIME TO REFLECT ON YOUR CAREER
By 2020, just over one third of the skills that are considered to be most important in today’s workforce will have changed. The Fourth Revolution will have brought us advanced robotics and autonomous transport, artificial intelligence and machine learning, biotechnology and genomics. These developments will transform the way we live and the way we work. Some jobs will disappear, others will grow and jobs that don’t even exist today will become commonplace. What is certain is that the future workforce will need to align its skillset to keep pace.
5 REASONS WHY YOU NEED A COACH
- CLARITY: A coach will help you get clear and reset your goals in this rapidly changing world.
- TRANSFORMATION: The Fourth Industrial Revolution will change what we do and how we develop our careers, cultivate our skills, meet people, and nurture relationships. The right coach will help you plot your journey, breaking it down into doable actionable steps that will guide you in the future.
- PROGRESSION: A coach will keep you moving forward in your career – progress is key in our changing world of work.
- GROWTH: A coach will provide you with the tools to help you – uncovering new insights, discovering opportunities for personal growth and removing obstacles that arise.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: This is a big one, how we hold ourselves accountable. It can be hard to make change or stick to new habits and routines or even transition into the future of work – a coach will hold you accountable.
FUTURE PROOF YOURSELF
Often one minor and seemingly unrelated change in one area can have a widespread impact in other areas. So, it’s the small choices and decisions you make today that might not seem significant or life transforming, but over the course of many years, a culmination of the small and seemingly insignificant decisions you make, will end up significantly altering the course of your career.
As a coach, I love seeing the transformation of my clients. From clients who have scaled their business, to managers and executives who have personally grown and developed and stepped into new and bigger roles. If you like the idea of coaching, I’m always happy to have a chat about our Executive Coaching offering at The B Hive. You can email me on email@example.com to schedule a call and if it works out that I’m a good fit, I’d be delighted to be part of your journey.
AND WHILE YOU’RE HERE DON’T FORGET
- Find out more about The B Hive’s Marketing Mentoring service here.
- Find out more about The B Hive’s MindShift for Executive Leaders program here.
- Download The B Hive’s 7 Deadly Sins of Innovation & How to Avoid Them White Paper here.
- Download The B Hive’s white paper on Collaboration in the Travel & Tourism Industry here.
- Follow The B Hive on LinkedIn here.
- Connect with our founder, Tammy Marshall on LinkedIn here.
- Like us on facebook here.
- Follow us on twitter here.